The PMS has the support of evangelization as its main objective. Through integral evangelization, it assists Christians in their overall development. PMS assists churches to tackle their basic pastoral and missionary needs. The Pontifical Mission Societies are;
- Pontifical Mission Society for the propagation of Faith (PSPF) which is celebrated with a collection called Mission Sunday.
- Pontifical Mission Society of St. Peter Apostle (SPA) celebrated with a collection called Vocation Sunday.
- Pontifical Mission Society of Holy Childhood Or Missionary Childhood (HC). This is celebrated on Epiphany Sunday.
- Pontifical Missionary Union (PMU) which is commemorated with a collection called Peter’s pence. PMU works as an umbrella for the first three and assists the Church to take care of those already in the mission of the Church (priests, religious, etc) in their on-going formation and further studies.
OBJECTIVES AND STRATEGIC
To enhance missionary awareness, consciousness and spirituality among all the people of God in the Diocese by 2017
1. Form PMS teams at the Diocesan and deanery levels
2.Conduct awareness activities concerning PMS in the Diocese
|Activities||Beneficiaries||Accountability||Expected Output||Time Frame|
|Build Holy Childhood centre
|Parishioners||The PMS Director||Holy Childhood Centre established||2 Years|
|Establish PMS Office||Parishioners||The PMS Director||PMS office established||1 year|
|Buy Equipment for PMS office||Parishioners||The PMS Director||PMS office equipment acquired||1 year|
|Prepare PMS Project proposals and Reports||Parishioners||The PMS Director||Proposals and reports prepared||5 Years|
|Animate on PMS to Priests||Priets, Religious and Laity||The PMS Director||PMS animated to Priests||3 Years|
|Animate on PMS to Sisters||Sisters||The PMS Director||PMS animated to Sisters||1 year|
|Train Holy childhood animators
|Animators||PMS Director||10 Holy childhood animators trained||1 year|
|Hold Holy childhood conference||Children in the Diocese||The PMS Director||1 Holy childhood conference held||1 year|
|Distribute PMS posters and messages||Parishioners||PMS Director, Parish Priests||100 posters and messages distributed||1 year|
|Form PMS teams at Diocese and Deanery||Diocese and Deaneries||PMS Director||6 PMS teams formed at Deanery and Diocesan level||1 year|
|Air PMS programmes on radio||The lay faithful||PMS Director||20 radio programmes held every year||5 years|