The main objectives of the Family Life Promotion of the CDoS are;
- To work for healthy and happy family life as one of the foundations of integral human development.
- To provide guidance and education in the fields of family life education in general and natural family planning (NFP) in particular.
- To support NFP as the best and unique approach to universal responsible parenthood.
- To promote family life and respect for human life at every stage of its development from conception to death.
The FLP’s slogan is: No pre-marital sex. No extra-marital sex. No abortion!
OBJECTIVES AND STRATEGIC ACTIVITIES
To sensitize the faithful in the diocese about the value of family life by 2017
1. Facilitate forums that would bring couples together and discuss issues of family life in the 27 parishes
2. Prepare young ones for marriage in the 27 parishes